Friday, March 14, 2008

Found Objects

While I am waiting for the warmer weather to garden and scour garage sales, I am going to post some pictures of objects from around the house. None of these objects were bought at retail. They are either from garage and estate sales, classifieds, antique stores or given to me.

This is a table I found at a garage sale for $5. You can't see it but there are little roses stenciled around the edge of the top. The dress was leftover from a previous recital where my daughter takes ballet. I paid $15 for it. The shelf was given to me.



This is a dresser I bought at an antique store. I bought this back in the day and I am embarrassed to have paid $150. I painted and distressed it and put starfish knobs on. It is one of my favorite pieces.



This is a pair of bunk beds I got at a garage sale for $15 (including sheets and pillows). The mother said that it was hers when she was a child and that now her kids are now too old for it. It's another one of my favorite pieces.



This is a kid's rocking chair I bought at a garage sale for $5.


This is a doll's high chair I bought at a garage sale for $3. I painted it.

No comments: